HVAC Repair Is Best Handled by a Trustworthy Contractor — Finding the Right Pro for You
by Greg Leisgang on May 8, 2014
Posted in: Service
Whether you're in need of immediate HVAC repair or want quotes for new HVAC equipment, finding a trustworthy contractor is critical. You need someone who is qualified, reliable and up-to-date with current industry standards in terms of HVAC efficiency, whole-house comfort and indoor air quality.
Here are tips for finding the right HVAC repair pro for your West Chester area home.
- Ask around. There's no better recommendation than one that comes honestly from a neighbor, friend or relative. Start asking people who they use or who they choose not to use so you can narrow your choices. Ideally, you want to have about five different contractors in mind when making calls and soliciting bids.
- Verify their contractor's license. HVAC repair providers should have a current contractor's license. This indicates they meet minimum requirements for both state and local jurisdictions. Their contractor's license can be verified at your local building department. You should also make sure the company is licensed and bonded.
- Check the BBB website. The Better Business Bureau has been helping customers find qualified contractors for more than 100 years. You can research the company by name. The results will list their BBB grade (from A to F), as well as information about complaints, resolutions and more. An A+ grade from the BBB is a good indicator you're getting a quote from a reliable HVAC contractor.
- Did they visit your home? There's no way for any HVAC technician to provide a quote for a repair or HVAC replacement without coming to your home and performing a physical inspection. If you've received a quote by phone, you can scratch that contractor off your list and move on to the next one.
- Review their itemized bids. A professional and trustworthy HVAC contractor will provide a detailed and itemized bid so you can see exactly what you're being charged for. It should include a breakdown of parts, labor, warranty options and add-on or additional service recommendations. This allows to you to make line-by-line comparisons between quotes.
Contact Tri-County Heating & Cooling for West Chester HVAC service you can trust.
Image via Shutterstock.com