Get Quality HVAC Installation With This Expert Advice From The Pros At Tri-County Heating & Cooling
by Greg Leisgang on July 11, 2012
Posted in: Installation
When you’ve decided to replace your outdated air conditioning unit with a new, more energy-efficient system, it's best to get acquainted with the process of a quality HVAC installation. In fact, improper installation can reduce the efficiency of your new equipment by up to 30 percent and possibly shorten its life span, making a quality HVAC installation even more important.
To ensure a quality installation, your technician should follow these guidelines:
- Search out leaks in your home’s ductwork, sealing, repairing, replacing or adding ducts if necessary. Long-lasting mastic or metal tape should be used to prevent leakage.
- Vents and registers should also be inspected for leakage, and repairs or replacement will be performed.
- In addition to ensuring your home has the proper ductwork, a technician should install the equipment with adequate surrounding space for service and maintenance.
- The condenser should be placed in an area where it can be protected from weather and overgrowth of vegetation. It is also good to locate it where the noise from the compressor doesn’t interfere with your (or your neighbor’s) sleep.
- If you already have a programmable thermostat, it will be set to coordinate with the new unit. Otherwise, consider purchasing one to maximize the system's operations and your energy savings.
- The manufacturer’s recommendation for the refrigerant charge should be met for optimal operation. It is estimated that as many as 60 percent of newly installed central air conditioners are not correctly charged, resulting in energy loss and system failure. Feel free to ask if you have any questions about this important procedure.
- Tests and adjustments will confirm proper airflow through the ductwork and also that home appliances, boilers or furnaces are not affecting the quality of the air.
When your technician performs a quality HVAC installation, you should also receive instructions on how and when to replace the filter on your new unit. For more information about high-quality installation practices that Tri-County Heating & Cooling provides, contact us today. We proudly serve the Butler County and the Greater Cincinnati area.