Annual A/C Maintenance Can Help Homeowners Avoid Excessive Air Conditioning Service
by Greg Leisgang on April 28, 2014
Posted in: Service
How often do you have your A/C checked? If you're following industry recommendations, you'll have an air conditioning service check your system at least once a year. This annual A/C maintenance will help you avoid problems later on.
Here's what you should expect the service to check during your annual A/C maintenance service. An experienced technician will:
- Test the system for refrigerant leaks and make repairs as needed.
- Capture any refrigerant that has leaked out of the system.
- Check the ductwork for any leaks and recommend repairs.
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil.
- Verify the accuracy of the thermostat.
- Verify the electric controls are working properly and in sequence.
- Inspect all electrical terminals and tighten as necessary.
- Check motors and compressors for performance standards.
An annual service will catch minor problems that are easy fixes before they cause larger problems that are more expensive to correct. This reduces the number of repair calls needed and makes the system run more efficiently, which helps lower energy costs. It helps keep the system in good shape, which prolongs its serviceable life.
Contracting with an HVAC service company is recommended by the Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (ACHRI). A qualified service company will handle the annual service needs of the system. Those will annual agreements also receive the customer priority during busy times of the year when problems are most likely to emerge.
If you want to set up air conditioning service, contact Tri-County Heating & Cooling. We proudly serve homeowners in Cincinnati and surrounding communities.
Image via Shutterstock.com