When Choosing An HVAC Contractor Use NATE And ACCA As Your Guide
by Greg Leisgang on July 11, 2011
Posted in: Service
A decision as important as choosing an HVAC contractor in the Greater Cincinnati area requires some research. While referrals from friends and relatives and references from contractors' customers can help guide the initial process, the technicians you hire should be able to demonstrate they are experts in heating and cooling installation and maintenance. Contractor affiliations with two particular industry organizations, NATE and ACCA, help to demonstrate just that.
What do these affiliations mean?
- NATE stands for North American Technician Excellence, a nonprofit organization that tests the knowledge and skills of HVAC technicians nationwide. This industry-supported certification process puts technicians through a series of rigorous tests designed to ensure expertise and professionalism in current HVAC technology and techniques.
- The ACCA, or Air Conditioning Contractors of America, is also a nonprofit organization, the largest in the HVAC industry. Bringing industry leaders together worldwide, the ACCA sets high standards for indoor comfort systems and provides state-of-the-art education for heating and cooling technicians.
In other words, when you hire a technician who is NATE-certified and ACCA-affiliated, you can expect the best in HVAC installation and service. Among the benefits of hiring a NATE-certified technician:
- Expert installation and service that is prompt and efficient.
- Answers to HVAC-related questions from a trusted source.
- Increased system efficiency and long-term energy savings thanks to a job well done.
- The job will be done right the first time.
If you’re in the process of choosing an HVAC contractor, contact Tri-County Heating & Cooling to ask about our experience and expertise. Our NATE-certified technicians are always happy to answer questions.